If you aren’t happy with the cost or outcome of your job there are several steps you can take, here are our recommended ones:
- Firstly, we’d advise people to use good common sense, and try to work through any issues. There are often situations when Pros can’t respond as quickly as they’d like - whether busyness, illness or family emergency - so try to show a bit of patience. And communicating via phone or meeting up can help iron out any misunderstandings early on.
- Rate the Pro and provide feedback for others to see. This is a public review that future customers will see and more often than not a negative review will encourage communication from the professional and hopefully a resolution.
- If applicable, report the Pro to the relevant regulatory board, you can find out some more information on how to do that here.
- File a claim with the Disputes Tribunal, there is a small fee to do this but you can settle claims up to $20,000 here. We will supply you with any information you require once we have confirmation a claim has been filed. Find out more on this process here.
- If you've been subject to a genuine scam where money has traded hands without any work being completed, contact the Police.